As you may know, I don’t go into the kitchen very often…But I am slightly obsessed with Starbucks blueberry bars. When they stopped selling them for a while I was real sad. So just in case that ever happens after that or just to have a cheaper version I thought that I would find and share a recipe that I love. I hope that you like it and try it out for yourself!
- Top and Bottom:
- 1 1/2 cups of Flour
- 1 1/2 cups of Oats (Not Quick Oats)
- 1/2 cup of Honey
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- A Pinch of Salt
- 6 tablespoons of Coconut Oil (or butter)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Blueberry Filling
- 2 1/2 cups of Fresh Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons of Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Sugar (or regular sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350°f.
- To create the bottom and topping mix together that flour, oats, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Then slowly add the coconut oil and vanilla extract just until it saturates everything.
- Set aside 1 cup for the topping.
- Take an 8×8 pan and either grease it or line it with parchment paper. Take the remainder of your mixture and press it evenly along the bottom.
- To make the filling…combine the blueberries, lemon juice, corn starch, and coconut sugar.
- Layer the filling on top if the base evenly. Then sprinkle the cup of topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Then set to cool, cut up and enjoy!
I hope that you find this recipe as delicious as I do.
Until next week