If you have come looking for healthy dessert… you’ve come to the wrong place!! These bars are pure sugar, butter, and chocolate and they are soooo stinkin good!!! I try and eat about 90% healthy, but I have SUCH a sweet tooth, and after a long day of school or an exam, these bars are a very special treat! haha I try and savour every bite but I usually stuff the entire bar in my mouth! These bars are the perfect combo of soft, and chewy with a bit of chocolate.. ahh my mouth is watering thinking about them! I honestly think the might be better than the original Starbucks Oat Fudge bars, but I’ll let you decide!
Have a lovely week!
You can find the original post here
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk (just less than one full can)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a stand mixer, cream butter sugars. Add the eggs.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda, and oats, then slowly combine with egg mixture.
4. Spread ¾ of the oat dough into a 9-inch-by-13-inch rectangular baking pan, lined with parchment paper using a spoon to spread to the edges.
5. In a pot on medium-low heat, melt together the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla.
6. Pour and spread this over the layer of oat dough. Top with the remaining oats, dropping in clumps over the chocolate.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, then cool and freeze before cutting into squares.