Hi friends, I can not believe how close Christmas is getting, only 9 days left! As it gets closer to the 25th I have been testing out some Holiday baking and I found an amazing recipe. I tried it out and it has now become a family favourite that my family has nominated me to make every year. I hope that you like the recipe and try it out for yourself because it is seriously amazing.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, a stand mixer is recommended in the original, beat together the molasses, butter, and brown sugar until fluffy and pale. Then beat in the egg until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to to wet ingredients until combined.
- Grease 2 muffin tins. Add 3 tbsp of dough into each and press down so that they are flat.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. To check that they are done they should be mostly set but soft in the middle
- Remove from the oven and immediately after press down the centre to make a well with a small container or jar.
- Let them cool for 30 minutes.
- Twist them in the pan to loosen them.
Eggnog Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 cup whipping cream (cold)
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 eggnog
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl cream together the sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add eggnog, nutmeg and cinnamon and beat until incorporated.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream mixture.
- Either pipe or spoon into the gingerbread cups.
- Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
I hope that you enjoyed this recipe. Until next time, xoxo Vienna!