As some of you may know, I play on my high school’s senior girl’s volleyball team this year. Sometimes, (usually! haha) if I am in a rush I will throw my air up in a ponytail, but if I have more time to get ready for a game or a tournament, this is my go-to hairstyle! I first saw Nikki Phillippi have this hairstyle on her Instagram, and I lovvve how it turned out! The dutch braids keep my hair pulled up and out of my face when I am running around, and it is also a super cute hairstyle for school if you are going quickly from an early morning workout to classes 🙂
I hope you all have a lovely long weekend! (No school for us tomorrow and Monday!! Yay!!!)
P.S thank you to Jeannine from Custom Concepts Photography for the amazing pictures! We love you!
I also love how easy this hairstyle is, even though it looks like you took a lot of time doing it! 😉
- Begin by parting your on your natural part (mine is slightly to the left, but for this hairstyle I sometimes will just part it down the middle.
- Before I braid, I like to pull out a few baby hairs around my face just to soften up the look and I really don’t like my deep widows peak so it by pulling out a few hairs around my face it doesn’t emphasize my hairline haha
- Next, begin by dutch braiding (you can watch a tutorial here if you aren’t sure how to dutch braid… it’s SUPER easy don’t worry!) one side of your part.
- Stop braiding once you have reached the base of your neck, and tie it off, just leaving the rest of your hair unbraided.
- Make a messy bun at the base of your neck using the hair in the ponytail.
- Repeat steps 3-5 on the other side!
aaaand that’s it! If you would like a video tutorial showing you how I did this, I can for sure do it if you want a bit more of an in-depth tutorial! I sometimes learn better by watching instead of reading 🙂
Photos: Custom Concepts Photography
Outfits: Ellie Activewear