Every year I go to the Baja in Mexico with a team from my church and it has become like my second home <3
We help out for 5 days at a daycare that single parents drop their kids off at called Casa De Luz. I also wrote a post last year from my trip if you want to read that here 🙂 We play with the kids, do crafts & sing songs and I absolutely love it! Then on Saturday we usually hand out hampers full of basic necessities (toilet paper & food) and go into Tijuana.
A few of my favourite things are:
- the sun of course! Though it did rain a few times
- continuing to build relationships with the kids & staff and watch them grow,
- hanging out with all my Mexican friends,
- eating icecream from the shop near our building that we stay at,
- seeing how the little things we do make such an impact on people’s lives
- and expanding my Spanish vocabulary!
I hope you liked this post! Rebecca is going to have a post from Mexico up in a few weeks too 🙂 Have a wonderful afternoon! Have you ever been on a missions trip?