Happy new year!! I was looking back at some of my old blog posts and found last years’ “Goals for 2016” and I am going to reflect on that in this post! So click here if you haven’t read that post and this will make a lot more sense 🙂 BTW, there is a lot of writing in this post, so if you don’t have time to read it all right now, please skip to the end and take a short survey for us! <3
Looking back & reading my 2016 new years resolutions, I have accomplished so many and I want to share this with you! Not to brag or toot my own horn, but so we can all be happy for each other 🙂 Comment below what goals you have accomplished this year!
- I finished my Bible reading plan. I have officially read the whole Bible! I am no expert and honestly need to keep reading because I (and my family) say that I have short term memory loss LOL.
- I have had tons of fun hanging out with friends this year, and of course, I can never spend too much time with friends or family!
- As for getting healthier, I am still doing track 3+ times a week and I do enjoy a nice green smoothie for breakfast 😉
- I also got baptized this past summer at Cultus Lake with my sisters, which was super fun!
- I got a job this past summer as well, being an intern at my church! I basically got to help out with the kids and write birthday cards every month.
- Since we are all 16 now, we have our L’s! So look out on the roads hehe
- As for saving money, I’m still working on that…
- I’d say that the 3 of us have really been focused on blogging this year. Vienna and I invited our best friend, Rebecca, to blog with us in the summer, and since then, all of us have been posting once a week and we have been really active on our Instagram! Follow us @basicbloggerss 🙂
MY GOALS FOR 2017:
- Travel a ton. This year, Rebecca and I are going to Mexico in February with our church (whats new?!). My family is planning an exciting backpacking trip for Spring break, and then we might go somewhere in the summer… I am so excited!!
- Love myself more. This may sound strange, but I am really hard on myself with school and blogging & things. I get stressed pretty easily and I hate that feeling! I want to be content with who God made me, and do the best I can to work hard in school.
- Pick up a new hobby. This past year I learned to knit and watercolour paint and do calligraphy, but I want to learn something new this year!
- Read more. Books are so good for your brain, and I need to stay off my phone more often 😉
- Be more grateful & less judgmental. I think this is a huge one for almost everyone. We are so quick to judge these days and feel like everyone else has the “perfect life”. I know that when I see things on Instagram, it doesn’t take long for me to think #goals and forget about all the blessings I have in my own life.
- Become more flexible. A few years ago, my goal was to do the splits, and now that I can do them, I hardly stretch or practice anymore! I think it would be cool to do the scorpion one day 😛
- Get my N!!! I turn 17 in March and cannot wait to drive by myself 🙂 Though I am a bit nervous…
- Save up for a Mac Book Pro. I hope to get the same summer job I had last year, and I really want to buy a new laptop!
- Go to bed at a reasonable time every night. Now, I am usually pretty good at this because I CANNOT function without sleep, but I really want to take care of my body this year especially, and go to bed before 10pm.
- Use my time wisely. It is so easy for me to get lost on Instagram scrolling down forever, or get caught up watching YouTube video after video; but I really want to focus on spending time with people, reading more and just really think about how I am spending my time.
What are your goals for 2017?? And what have you accomplished from this past year? We would love to know! Happy new year friends <3 xo Marley