I recently chopped my hair and am still figuring out what I can do with it, and I thought I would share my go-to hairstyles lately. If you have any requests or ideas for blog posts in the future send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
- Faux waterfall braid. First, braid a small section of your hair then secure with a small elastic. Next, open a section of the braid and pull a separate little chunk of hair through. Keep repeating that step until the braid is too small and you cannot open it up; then hide the end with a bobby pin under your other hair.
- 3 braids into a top knot. I love this hairstyle because it keeps the hair out of your face while still having your hair half down, and I got so many compliments! Simply split the top part of your hair into 3 sections and braid them separately, then secure each braid and add them together. Next twist the ends of your hair into a bun and secure with bobby pins or another small elastic. P.S. I had to add more hair to make my bun a good size.
- Rope Twist. Simply take 2 sections (the same size) from the front of your head and twist them to the back. Then tie them together using a small elastic. I found that it was easier having someone help me center the twists at the back of my head or doing it for me. I also prefer doing this hairstyle with wavy or curled hair because it adds more texture.
- One braid back. This is another easy hairstyle that requires 1 braid to keep your hair away from your face. Take a small section of hair centered to your face and braid back then tie with a small elastic or 2 bobby pins crossed.
- Part your hair differently. My hairdresser told me that with hair the same length on both sides of my face, I really couldn’t go wrong with where I wanted to part my hair. I usually have it more to the left but it is always fun to switch it up!
Thank you so much for reading and I will talk to you next week! If you have short hair give this post a thumbs up or comment some of your fav hairstyles for me to try!! Don’t forget to check out all our social-medias, especially Snapchat for BTS @basicbloggerss. xoxo Marley