Hello friends!! Can you believe school started today? I was super excited to see all my friends, but still not ready for the workload to come. Here I have 3 simple breakfast ideas for you, whether you are out the door in a hurry, or just want more time to sleep. Overnight oats in a jar, 3 ingredient pancakes and omelet in a mug may make your mornings easier.
For the overnight oats in a jar, you will need:
- 1/2 cup of quick oats and 1/2 of almond milk (I used vanilla flavoured) then lightly mix in a bowl with a lid or a jar
- add 1/2 a Tbsp of honey if you like your oatmeal sweet. I also added a pinch of cinnamon and frozen blueberries and put the jar in the fridge overnight. Add chia seeds or fresh fruits if you’d like to before eating.
For the 3 ingredient pancakes you will need:
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- a handful of oats
- 1 tsp of vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon to add flavour
First mash up the banana in a bowl with a fork. Next mix in the egg with a whisk, and lastly, throw in a handful of quick oats and mix. Cook on a frying pan covered with coconut oil and cook until ready. You can also add berries, icing sugar or syrup if you want! The banana flavour was very powerful in this recipe, but I really liked it with the added fruit.
To make an omelet in a mug you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp of milk
- 1/8 tsp of dried minced onions and or diced green onion
- 1 Tbsp of diced deli meat (ham, chicken, turkey)
- 1 Tbsp of shredded cheese
- dash of salt and pepper
Put all the ingredients in a mug and mix together then put into the microwave for 1 minute, check and keep cooking until it’s ready (mine took about 2 minutes).
This was my family’s favourite 🙂 For other 5 minute recipes in a mug that I have tried in the past, click here.
Thank you so much for reading! If you have any ideas for blog post topics you would like to read, comment below 🙂 See you next Tuesday xx Marley