When life gives you lemons, try different ways to make lemonade.
Hello everyone! How is your summer going? I don’t know about you, but I love homemade lemonade and when I found this recipe in a magazine the other day, I just HAD to try it, and of course, add my own twist!
For every cup you will need to make the base first. The base recipe makes about 4 servings. You may want to use a blender/magic bullet to mix the fruit and ice.
To make the lemonade base:
- 3 cups of water
- 4 large lemons (1 cup once squeezed)
- save 1/2 a lemon for side slices
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup lemonade and add 4 icecubes to your cup
- put 6 icecubes into the blender with 3/4 cup of lemonade base and blend until you have a slushy consistency
- blend 2 large strawberries and 1 cup of lemonade base with 2 icecubes
Lemonade iced tea:
- 1/2 cup of Orange Pekoe tea (steep for 3 minutes)
- add 1/2 cup of lemonade base
- and add 4 icecubes
The strawberry one was definitely my favourite! Make sure to use #basicbloggerss when you post your recreations on Instagram 🙂 I hope you are having a fabulous summer and I will see you next Tuesday!