Hello everyone! It is almost summer and I am loving the fresh fruit and sunshine that is coming <3 This week I found an easy and delicious recipe on the food network and decided to make them with slight variation.
You will need:
- baking sheet lined with wax paper
- chocolate chips (or other melt-able chocolate)
- coconut oil
- double broiler and
When making these, I found 2 people useful since the chocolate hardened fast once it was on the cold banana. Adding coconut oil to the chocolate helps slow down the hardening process a bit.
On my banana pops I put:
- candied ginger
- scor bits
- Cut bananas in half, stick a skewer up one end and put on a pan lined with wax paper and freeze for at least 3 hours (but not too much longer or the bananas will get mushy once thawed)
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate with 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Spoon over bananas, coating them evenly.
- Add toppings! Put in fridge for 10 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
- Share & eat with your loved ones!
I hope you all enjoyed this post because I sure loved eating them! I used 72% dark chocolate and found it the perfect combination with the sweeter toppings. If you make these tag us on Twitter or Instagram @basicbloggerss and let us know what your favourite combination was 🙂